Yesterday, I stayed home from work because of sickness and ended my day writing an over-dramatic horror story about pollen. It was meant to be a funny woe-is-me story, but of course it got my thinking about the best remedies for allergies. I decided to do a little research on the subject.
The number one natural preventative that I’ve heard about is to use local honey. The local honey contains traces of pollen from your area and helps you become accustomed to it. Does this work? I’m not sure, but since I love honey I do want to look around for some of the East Texas stuff.
Home remedies I’ve found:
– Saline Solution
– Peppermint Tea with honey
– Steaming your face
– Ingest wasabi (yum!)
I promise I’m finished complaining about this particular bout of sickness from this point forward. My favorite part of my “research” was when I decided to search the term ‘honey’ on Etsy.com and found these lovely items. Perhaps buying a couple of these things would be a remedy in and of itself?
1. White Plate with a Honey Bee by Nancy and Andy
2. Men’s 70’s Honey Brown Buckle Boots by Wilder A
3. Oats & Honey Soap by Rocky Top Soap Shop
4. Oh Honey Mustard Yellow Bow Tie by Cyberoptix
5. Bee Hive Necklace by SilkPurseSowsEar
6. Earl Grey Tea with Honey Lollipop by TheGroovyBaker